A Division of the Kansas Corporation Commission, funded through the federal State Energy Program (SEP).
Energy Efficiency and Building Codes Working Group (no longer active)
The Energy Efficiency Building Codes Working Group, which was established in 2009, is no longer active. The Working Group held several meetings in 2009 and 2010 and endorsed an approach that encouraged voluntary adoption by local jurisdictions and the development of effective equivalency options for builders and owners. The Working group focused on the following tasks:
- Targeting larger jurisdictions and those with the most building activity and encourage voluntary adoption of building energy codes.
- Developing easy-to-use enforcement checklist, based on the existing Kansas Energy Efficiency Disclosure form.
- Promote residential and commercial retrofits through statewide deployment of Efficiency Kansas, the Facility Conservation Improvement Program (FCIP), and the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Amend K.S.A. 66-1227 to adopt the target energy codes as "applicable state standards" for new and renovated residential and commercial construction and to officially encourage voluntary adoption of such codes by local jurisdictions.
- Amend K.S.A. 66-1228 to update Kansas Energy Efficiency Disclosure Form for new residential construction using IECC 2009 standards.
Tim Ryan, Chair, City of Overland Park
Randall Allen, Kansas Association of Counties
Samuel Alpert, Construction Users Council of Greater Kansas City
Trudy Aron, American Institute of Architects, Kansas Chapter
Luke Bell, Kansas Association of Realtors
Neal Ezell, Ezell-Morgan Construction, Inc.
Bob Fairbanks, Heart of America Chapter, ICC
Sandy Jacquot, League of Kansas Municipalities
Leslie Kaufman, Kansas Cooperative Council
Jerry Mallory, Johnson County Contractor Licensing
Tina Rakes, City of Baldwin City
Jeff Risley, Climate and Energy Project
George Schluter, National Association of Home Builders
Martha Smith, Kansas Manufactured Housing Association
Bruce Snead, KSU Engineering Extension
Chris Wilson, Kansas Building Industry Association
Glen Wiltse, Sedgwick County
Liz Brosius, Kansas Corporation Commission
Melissa Doeblin, Kansas Corporation Commission
August 25, 2009
May 13, 2009