KCC Office Visitor Policy
This policy applies to all visitors, including former employees and family members of KCC staff.
We know many of you are frequent visitors to our agency, and we hope that you will respect our efforts to provide a secure worksite for our staff and visitors. With that in mind, we ask that you review these policies and if necessary, adjust your arrival time to accommodate the check-in process.
- Visitors are identified as anyone not employed by the KCC or CURB and who are visiting or meeting with employees in the building or attending a Commission business meeting or hearing.
- Visitors will enter and exit the building through the main lobby entrance.
- Topeka: Visitors must sign in at the outer lobby window and identify the purpose of their visit.
Wichita: Visitors must use the call button outside the office entrance to identify themselves and the purpose of their visit. Once inside, visitors will be asked to sign in at the front desk.
- All persons seeking entry to the building may be subject to search by Capitol Police or other officers designated. Such search may include briefcases, parcels, purses or other containers carried by persons seeking entry to the building.
- Visitors will be issued a VISITOR badge to wear visibly at all times.
- Visitors attending a Commission meeting or hearing will be directed to the appropriate room after signing in.
- No visitor, counsel or party shall carry any sign or other materials which are disruptive to a business meeting or hearing. Capitol Police are authorized to confiscate any such materials. Disruptive conduct may result in removal from the meeting or hearing.
- Visitors shall not address the Commission nor approach the bench, except upon permission by the Commission Chair.
- Visitors, other than those at the counsel table, will not be permitted to consume food or beverages in the hearing room.
- Visitors at the KCC to meet with staff will be announced by the front desk staff to the respective division. For the comfort of our visitors, seating is provided (in the outer lobby in Topeka and in the front desk area in Wichita). Staff will meet the visitor in the designated lobby area, escort them to the division or meeting room, and escort them back to the main lobby at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Visitors must return the VISITOR badge and sign out when leaving the building.
Thank you for your compliance with our visitor policy. If you have any questions, please feel free to direct them to Linda Berry, Director of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection at