Lifeline serves more than 10 million Americans, 35,000 right here in Kansas. Depending on the services provided and your provider, you may be eligible to receive up to $17.02 in monthly federal and state discounts. The application process is quick and easy.
You may be eligible for Lifeline if you receive any of the following benefits or your income is 135% of the poverty level.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FHPA)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start Tribal Programs (only those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- The Food Distribution Program on Tribal Lands.
|2020 Lifeline Income Criteria|
|Number In Household||Maximum Annual Income|
|each additional person||$ 6,048|
If qualifying based on income alone, you must provide THREE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of statements as documentation of income, or provide a copy of your tax return for the previous year. NOTE: This year, the requirement of three months of income documentation has been waived until November 30, 2020 to allow recently unemployed individuals to apply for the program by submitting an official document, including notice of unemployment benefits to confirm their income-based eligibility for Lifeline support.
For more information about Kansas Lifeline, call your telephone company or click here for a list of Lifeline providers near you.
*The Kansas portion of the discount may only be applied to phone service. The federal discount may be used for internet or phone service.