- Residential and wireless phone service
- Broadband internet
- Total federal and state discounts of up to $17.02 per month are available.*
- Subscribers living on tribal lands qualify for additional discounts.
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB)
- Broadband internet
- Monthly Broadband Discount of $50 per month. Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if the subscriber contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
You may be eligible for both Lifeline and the EBB if you receive any of the following benefits or your income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FHPA)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start Tribal Programs (only those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- The Food Distribution Program on Tribal Lands.
|2021 Lifeline/EBB Income Eligibility Guidelines|
|Number In Household||Maximum Annual Income|
|each additional person||$ 6,129|
Regardless of Lifeline eligibility, you may still qualify for EBB if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29,2020.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
For more information about Kansas Lifeline, call your telephone company or click here for a list of Lifeline providers near you.
*The Kansas portion of the discount may only be applied to phone service. The federal portion of the discount may be used for internet or phone service.
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB):
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742