Transportation | FAQS
- Do I need a Commercial Driver’s License?
Click here for a chart designed to help you determine whether you need a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). If you still have questions, please call our office at (785) 271-3145 or plan to attend one of our free seminars held throughout the state.
- Where can I get information on state and federal laws?
Click here for Kansas information and click here for federal information.
- Where can I find passenger and household goods tariffs?
Click here for a list of household goods tariffs and here for a list of passenger tariffs.
- How do I obtain a US DOT number?
US DOT numbers are assigned through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Click here to visit FMCSA’s website, where you can renew your US DOT number or obtain one for the first time. Or, you can call FMCSA at 1-800-832-5660.
- Where is the nearest Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration office?
Contact information for FMCSA’s Kansas Division:
1303 SW First American Place
Topeka, KS 66604-4040
Phone: (785) 271-1260 Fax: (877) 547-0378
For a complete list of federal field offices, please visit FMCSA’s website.
I want to...
- File a complaint.
Click here to file a Motor Carrier complaint.
- Attend a safety education seminar.
Click here for a list of upcoming Safety Education seminars conducted throughout the state.
- Check a driver’s motor vehicle record.
Kansas Motor Vehicle records can be searched by clicking here.
- Obtain guidelines for farm vehicle drivers.
Click here to review regulations and exemptions concerning farm vehicles.